What can I use as Proof of Dependency for parents or parents of my spouse?

Parents or parents-in-law who are 65 years old or younger will need to provide Proof of Dependency. This is proof that they are not self-sufficient due to financial or health reasons. There is no requirement for the parents to live at the same address as the investor.

The document needs to be issued by an official entity and cannot be a letter issued by the investor or couple.

Here are some examples of documents that can be used as proof of dependency:

  1. 3 months of bank statements or money transfers
  2. A tax return that shows the investor claiming the parent as a dependent
  3. Proof of address (utility bill, bank statement, or driver's license) in the dependent's name that shows the same address as the investor
All documents need to be Apostilled/Legalized or Stamped at the Portuguese Embassy/Consulate.

Still need help? Contact Us Contact Us