Known formatting issues and limitations on bank account opening documents
Bank Account Opening Documents
- The hyphen or apostrophe in my name doesn't appear
- The bank's system cannot accommodate hyphens (-) and apostrophes (')
- Other texts in my name or address do not appear
- The bank's system sometimes omits short words such as De, Da, La, etc.
- Postal code appears as 0000 - 000
- The bank's system can only accommodate postal codes in Portugal, which is why this field can't be filled in
- Second nationality
- If you hold a second passport, there is no need to have this portion filled out since it is typically not required by the bank
- Blank pages
- Blank pages serve as a section breaker and are completely normal
- A city or country appears to be misspelled
- Places are written in Portuguese and sometimes the translations differ by just a letter or two from the English equivalent. Here are some examples:
- Country code isn't shown for the mobile number
- Don't worry, your country code is already in bank's system. This document doesn't display your mobile number with the country code like the Bank Account Opening documents.
- The Prestige Program document only needs to reflect one account holder. If you are opening a joint account, it will reflect the first account holder's name by default.
- If the document that you received has 24 pages, the second set of 12 is just a duplicate copy and does not need to be signed or printed.