What can I use Proof of Employment if I am a sole proprietor or self-employed?

If you are self-employed, the bank needs proof of ownership of your business or services that you provide. This needs to be any of the following documents issued within the past 6 months:

  • A letter from a client or business partner indicating that you are the owner of your company*

Requirements of a letter from a client or business partner: 

  1. Must be dated and signed (issued within the past 6 months)
  2. Must include your complete name as seen on passport exactly
  3. Must include your company name (not required if a freelancer)
  4. Must include the income earned
  5. Must be written on official company letterhead of your client or business partner
  6. Must state the start date of your activity (i.e. when you started working with your client/business partner or started operating your business)

Example of a letter from a client or business partner

Still need help? Contact Us Contact Us